On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:05:03 +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote: > Hi all, > > As promised here's my patch series to make struct drm_gem_object embedable. > Also converts drm/i915 as a proof of concept. > > I've already looked at the radeon and nouveau modules and a straightforward > replament of the gem_object pointer looks simple. But I think embedding it > into the ttm_bo is better long-term. Stuff like duplicated ref-counting > between the ttm object and the gem one just doesn't make too much sense. > > Tested on my i945GM. The changes to radeon and nouveau in patch 2 are only > compile-tested, but the identical change to the i915 survived testing. > > Comments on the patches and my future plans highly welcome. > > Yours, Daniel > > Daniel Vetter (6): > drm: extract drm_gem_object_init > drm: free core gem object from driver callbacks > drm/i915: introduce i915_gem_alloc_object > drm/i915: embed the gem object into drm_i915_gem_object > drm/i915: don't use ->driver_private anymore > drm/i915: drop pointer to drm_gem_object I like this series. Dave, should I pull this one?