Ville Syrjala writes: > From: Ville Syrjälä > > Only create framebuffers with supported format/modifier combinations by > checking that at least one plane supports the requested combination. > > Using drm_any_plane_has_format() is somewhat suboptimal for vc4 since > the planes have (mostly) uniform capabilities. But I was lazy and > didn't feel like exporting drm_plane_format_check() and hand rolling > anything better. Also I really just wanted to come up with another > user for drm_any_plane_has_format() ;) I'm not excited about vc4 having error-return behavior that other drivers don't have. Actually, I don't really see why we should be doing this check in fb create at all, given that you have to do so again at atomic_check time with the specific plane. Could you just delete the i915 fb format check code?