On Tue, Apr 20, 2021, 09:25 Marek Olšák wrote: > Daniel, imagine hardware that can only do what Windows does: future fences > signalled by userspace whenever userspace wants, and no kernel queues like > we have today. > Hmm, that sounds kinda like what we're trying to do for Libre-SOC's gpu which is basically where the cpu (exactly the same cores as the gpu) runs a user-space software renderer with extra instructions to make it go fast, so the kernel only gets involved for futex-wait or for video scan-out. This causes problems when figuring out how to interact with dma-fences for interoperability... Jacob Lifshay