On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 2:26 AM Jani Nikula wrote: > You'll also get support for debugfs and firmware loader EDID override > mechanisms for free. > Yep :) > Signed-off-by missing! > Fixed. read_buff = kmalloc(2, GFP_KERNEL); > > A follow-up cleanup might be to switch to using "u8 read_buff[2];" > instead of kmallocing it. > > I don't claim to understand how the usb stuff works, but otherwise the > patch looks good to me. Nice refactoring! > > "The buffer passed to usb_control_msg may end up in scatter-gather list, and may thus not be on the stack. Having it on the stack usually works on x86, but not on other archs. "