dri-devel.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* 2020 X.Org Board of Directors Elections Nomination period is NOW
@ 2020-03-08 19:51 Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2020-03-08 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xorg Members List; +Cc: Mesa Dev, dri-devel, wayland

We are seeking nominations for candidates for election to the X.Org
Foundation Board of Directors. All X.Org Foundation members are
eligible for election to the board.

Nominations for the 202 election are now open and will remain open
until 23:59 UTC on 29th March 2020.

The Board consists of directors elected from the membership. Each
year, an election is held to bring the total number of directors to
eight. The four members receiving the highest vote totals will serve
as directors for two year terms.

The directors who received two year terms starting in 2019 wereSamuel
Iglesias Gonsálvez, Manasi D Navare, Lyude Paul and Daniel Vetter.
They will continue to serve until their term ends in 2021. Current
directors whose term expires in 2020 are Eric Anholt,  Bryce
Harrington, Keith Packard and Harry Wentland.

A director is expected to participate in the fortnightly IRC meeting
to discuss current business and to attend the annual meeting of the
X.Org Foundation, which will be held at a location determined in
advance by the Board of Directors.

A member may nominate themselves or any other member they feel is
qualified. Nominations should be sent to the Election Committee at
elections at x.org.

Nominees shall be required to be current members of the X.Org
Foundation, and submit a personal statement of up to 200 words that
will be provided to prospective voters. The collected statements,
along with the statement of contribution to the X.Org Foundation in
the member's account page on http://members.x.org, will be made
available to all voters to help them make their voting decisions.

Nominations, membership applications or renewals and completed
personal statements must be received no later than 23:59 UTC on 02
April 2020.

The slate of candidates will be published 6 April 2020 and candidate
Q&A will begin then. The deadline for Xorg membership applications and
renewals is 02 April 2020.

Cheers, Daniel, on behalf of the X.Org BoD

PS: I cc'ed the usual dev lists since not many members put in the renewal yet.
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

* Re: 2020 X.Org Board of Directors Elections Nomination period is NOW
@ 2020-03-17  6:21 ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2020-03-17  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xorg Members List; +Cc: Mesa Dev, dri-devel, wayland

Just a quick reminder that both board nomination and membership
renewal periods are still opening:

- Send board nominations to elections AT x DOT org

- Got to https://members.x.org/ to renew your membership (or become
one to begin with!)

Cheers, Daniel

@ 2020-03-24 12:48   ` Daniel Vetter
From: Daniel Vetter @ 2020-03-24 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xorg Members List; +Cc: Mesa Dev, dri-devel, wayland

Another reminder that we're in the election process, and the next
deadline is approaching: