Hi Hridya, Apologies for the delay in responding. On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 03:09, Hridya Valsaraju wrote: > On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:18 PM John Stultz wrote: > > > > On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 12:07 PM Hridya Valsaraju > wrote: > > > This patch limits the size of total memory that can be requested in a > > > single allocation from the system heap. This would prevent a > > > buggy/malicious client from depleting system memory by requesting for > an > > > extremely large allocation which might destabilize the system. > > > > > > The limit is set to half the size of the device's total RAM which is > the > > > same as what was set by the deprecated ION system heap. > > > > > > Signed-off-by: Hridya Valsaraju > > > > Seems sane to me, unless folks have better suggestions for allocation > limits. > > > > Reviewed-by: John Stultz > > Thank you for taking a look John! > Looks good to me; I will apply it to drm-misc today. > > Regards, > Hridya > > > > > thanks > > -john > Best, Sumit. -- Thanks and regards, Sumit Semwal (he / him) Tech Lead - LCG, Vertical Technologies Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs