dri-devel.lists.freedesktop.org archive mirror
* udl hotunplug broken
@ 2019-03-15  4:19 Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2019-03-15  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Vetter, Noralf Trønnes, dri-devel

Hey,

Not sure how long this has been broken, considering plugging it in was
broken, unplugging is much worse. Is there anything outside my tree
that might be fixing this?

Currently it appears if I unplug udl while userspace has the device
open, it's bad, I get the userspace fb leaked thing which isn't
surprising, but I do get a lot of backtracing and warns which differ
depending on which way the race happens between X and unload.

I'm going to see if I can find a fix, but I'm guessing it's a lot of
digging to figure this out.

Dave.

* Re: udl hotunplug broken
@ 2019-03-15 14:18 ` Noralf Trønnes
From: Noralf Trønnes @ 2019-03-15 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Airlie, Daniel Vetter, dri-devel

Den 15.03.2019 05.19, skrev Dave Airlie:
> Hey,
>
> Not sure how long this has been broken, considering plugging it in was
> broken, unplugging is much worse. Is there anything outside my tree
> that might be fixing this?
>
> Currently it appears if I unplug udl while userspace has the device
> open, it's bad, I get the userspace fb leaked thing which isn't
> surprising, but I do get a lot of backtracing and warns which differ
> depending on which way the race happens between X and unload.
>
> I'm going to see if I can find a fix, but I'm guessing it's a lot of
> digging to figure this out.

I've made changes to the udl unload path:

drm: Fix drm_release() and device unplug
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc/commit/?id=1ee57d4d75fbc74bb2ae601c8f334219165ef276

drm/drv: drm_dev_unplug(): Move out drm_dev_put() call
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc/commit/?id=ba3bf37e150a99b51b13f5cebf89715685d21212

I don't know if these could be the cause of your problem.

Noralf.