On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 04:37:49PM -0400, Lyude Paul wrote: > As pointed out by the documentation for drm_dp_aux_register(), > drm_dp_aux_init() should be used in situations where the AUX channel for a > display driver can potentially be registered before it's respective DRM > driver. This is the case with Tegra, since the DP aux channel exists as a > platform device instead of being a grandchild of the DRM device. > > Since we're about to add a backpointer to a DP AUX channel's respective DRM > device, let's fix this so that we don't potentially allow userspace to use > the AUX channel before we've associated it with it's DRM connector. > > Signed-off-by: Lyude Paul > --- > drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dpaux.c | 11 ++++++----- > 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-) Acked-by: Thierry Reding