Hi everyone, > Perhaps we should first think through what an ancillary device really > is. My understanding is that it is used to talk to secondary addresses > of a multi-address I2C slave device. As I mentioned somewhere before, this is not the case. Ancillary devices are when one *driver* handles more than one address. Everything else has been handled differently in the past (for all the uses I am aware of). Yet, I have another idea which is so simple that I wonder if it maybe has already been discussed so far? * have two regs in the bindings * use the second reg with i2c_new_client_device to instantiate the RTC sibling. 'struct i2c_board_info', which is one parameter, should have enough options to pass data, e.g it has a software_node. Should work or did I miss something here? Happy hacking, Wolfram