On 6/13/22 07:47, Maxime Ripard wrote: > From: Dave Stevenson > > The BCM2835-37 found in the RaspberryPi 0 to 3 have a power domain > attached to the HDMI block, handled in Linux through runtime_pm. > > That power domain is shared with the VEC block, so even if we put our > runtime_pm reference in the HDMI driver it would keep being on. If the > VEC is disabled though, the power domain would be disabled and we would > lose any initialization done in our bind implementation. > > That initialization involves calling the reset function and initializing > the CEC registers. > > Let's move the initialization to our runtime_resume implementation so > that we initialize everything properly if we ever need to. > > Fixes: c86b41214362 ("drm/vc4: hdmi: Move the HSM clock enable to runtime_pm") > Signed-off-by: Dave Stevenson > Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard After seeing the same warning as Stefan reported in the link below, but on the Raspberry Pi 4B: https://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg354170.html a separate bisection effort led me to this commit, before is fine, after produces 4 warnings during boot, see attached log. Is there a fix that we can try that would also cover the Raspberry Pi 4B? Is it possible that this series precipitates the problem: https://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg984638.html -- Florian