Hi Am 20.11.20 um 10:52 schrieb David Laight: >> Hi David >> >> Am 18.11.20 um 23:01 schrieb David Laight: > ... >> Did you try Daniel's suggestion of testing with the direct parent commit? > (I was on holiday yesterday and didn't want to spend a sunny > afternoon doing bisects.) Makes sense :) > > I've just done that and it is bad. > > Is there any way to bisect through the parts of the > drm merge patch into v5.10-rc1 ? > > That ought to be quicker (and less error prone) than > the bisect builds I was doing. > > Note that the stack 'splat' is due to a later change. > It is separate from the broken pixel alignment. > > I actually saw the vga text go 'funny' while the boot > was outputting all the [OK] messages (from systemd?) > before the graphic login stole tty1 (bloody stupid > to use tty1). > > I don't need to use the failing system today, I'll > have another go at isolating the failure. You can use drm-tip for testing, where many of the DRM patches go through. https://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-tip/ It's fairly up-to-date. I have two systems with AST chips and neither shows any of the symptoms you describe; nor do we have such reports about drivers that use a similar stack (hibmc, bochs). Could you provide the output of dmesg | grep drm Best regards Thomas > > David > > - > Registered Address Lakeside, Bramley Road, Mount Farm, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT, UK > Registration No: 1397386 (Wales) > -- Thomas Zimmermann Graphics Driver Developer SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Felix Imendörffer