DriverDev-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
@ 2019-09-04  3:33 kbuild test robot
  2019-09-04 12:37 ` Andy Shevchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: kbuild test robot @ 2019-09-04  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko; +Cc: devel, kbuild-all, Jonathan Cameron

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 4176 bytes --]

tree:   https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git staging-testing
head:   74eb9c06b1d722468db397595ac6834b9e4ac235
commit: 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528 [314/401] iio: hid-sensor-attributes: Convert to use int_pow()
config: i386-randconfig-e004-201935 (attached as .config)
compiler: gcc-7 (Debian 7.4.0-11) 7.4.0
reproduce:
        git checkout 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        make ARCH=i386 

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `adjust_exponent_nano':
>> drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
>> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:314: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
>> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:324: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:325: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:328: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:330: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `split_micro_fraction':
   drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:96: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:97: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `convert_to_vtf_format':
   drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:140: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:142: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `hid_sensor_write_samp_freq_value':
   drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:208: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:210: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'

vim +312 drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c

   284	
   285	/*
   286	 * This fuction applies the unit exponent to the scale.
   287	 * For example:
   288	 * 9.806650000 ->exp:2-> val0[980]val1[665000000]
   289	 * 9.000806000 ->exp:2-> val0[900]val1[80600000]
   290	 * 0.174535293 ->exp:2-> val0[17]val1[453529300]
   291	 * 1.001745329 ->exp:0-> val0[1]val1[1745329]
   292	 * 1.001745329 ->exp:2-> val0[100]val1[174532900]
   293	 * 1.001745329 ->exp:4-> val0[10017]val1[453290000]
   294	 * 9.806650000 ->exp:-2-> val0[0]val1[98066500]
   295	 */
   296	static void adjust_exponent_nano(int *val0, int *val1, int scale0,
   297					  int scale1, int exp)
   298	{
   299		int i;
   300		int x;
   301		int res;
   302		int rem;
   303	
   304		if (exp > 0) {
   305			*val0 = scale0 * int_pow(10, exp);
   306			res = 0;
   307			if (exp > 9) {
   308				*val1 = 0;
   309				return;
   310			}
   311			for (i = 0; i < exp; ++i) {
 > 312				x = scale1 / int_pow(10, 8 - i);
   313				res += int_pow(10, exp - 1 - i) * x;
 > 314				scale1 = scale1 % int_pow(10, 8 - i);
   315			}
   316			*val0 += res;
   317			*val1 = scale1 * int_pow(10, exp);
   318		} else if (exp < 0) {
   319			exp = abs(exp);
   320			if (exp > 9) {
   321				*val0 = *val1 = 0;
   322				return;
   323			}
 > 324			*val0 = scale0 / int_pow(10, exp);
   325			rem = scale0 % int_pow(10, exp);
   326			res = 0;
   327			for (i = 0; i < (9 - exp); ++i) {
   328				x = scale1 / int_pow(10, 8 - i);
   329				res += int_pow(10, 8 - exp - i) * x;
   330				scale1 = scale1 % int_pow(10, 8 - i);
   331			}
   332			*val1 = rem * int_pow(10, 9 - exp) + res;
   333		} else {
   334			*val0 = scale0;
   335			*val1 = scale1;
   336		}
   337	}
   338	

---
0-DAY kernel test infrastructure                Open Source Technology Center
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/kbuild-all                   Intel Corporation

[-- Attachment #2: .config.gz --]
[-- Type: application/gzip, Size: 35418 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: Type: text/plain, Size: 169 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@linuxdriverproject.org
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/driverdev-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
  2019-09-04  3:33 [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3' kbuild test robot
@ 2019-09-04 12:37 ` Andy Shevchenko
  2019-09-05  9:08   ` Jonathan Cameron
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2019-09-04 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild test robot; +Cc: devel, kbuild-all, Jonathan Cameron

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 11:33:50AM +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:
> tree:   https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git staging-testing
> head:   74eb9c06b1d722468db397595ac6834b9e4ac235
> commit: 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528 [314/401] iio: hid-sensor-attributes: Convert to use int_pow()
> config: i386-randconfig-e004-201935 (attached as .config)
> compiler: gcc-7 (Debian 7.4.0-11) 7.4.0
> reproduce:
>         git checkout 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528
>         # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>         make ARCH=i386 
> 
> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
> Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
> 
> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

So, as far as I understood it wasn't compiled on 32-bit before, so, it's not a
new error and thus would (has to?) be fixed separately.

>    ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `adjust_exponent_nano':
> >> drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
> >> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:314: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
> >> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:324: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
>    ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:325: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'


-- 
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko


_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@linuxdriverproject.org
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/driverdev-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
  2019-09-04 12:37 ` Andy Shevchenko
@ 2019-09-05  9:08   ` Jonathan Cameron
  2019-09-06  8:58     ` [kbuild-all] " Chen, Rong A
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2019-09-05  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko; +Cc: devel, linux-iio, kbuild-all

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 15:37:11 +0300
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 11:33:50AM +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:
> > tree:   https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git staging-testing
> > head:   74eb9c06b1d722468db397595ac6834b9e4ac235
> > commit: 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528 [314/401] iio: hid-sensor-attributes: Convert to use int_pow()
> > config: i386-randconfig-e004-201935 (attached as .config)
> > compiler: gcc-7 (Debian 7.4.0-11) 7.4.0
> > reproduce:
> >         git checkout 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528
> >         # save the attached .config to linux build tree
> >         make ARCH=i386 
> > 
> > If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
> > Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
> > 
> > All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):  
> 
> So, as far as I understood it wasn't compiled on 32-bit before, so, it's not a
> new error and thus would (has to?) be fixed separately.

I'm not convinced.  My assumption is this is triggered because the local pow_10
function was returning int whereas generic int_pow is returning an int64.
Whilst I would imagine it is fairly easy to fix, I'll not have a chance to do
so until the weekend.  Perhaps we should just revert this patch and revisit
in the next cycle?

0-day people, any idea why the iio.git/testing branch isn't getting built any
more?  I got lazy and started relying on your infrastructure and not bothering
with 32 bit local builds.  Somewhere along the way you stopped building it
and I'm afraid I didn't really notice.

Thanks for you all your hard work on 0day btw as it used to catch a lot
of stuff my local few builds didn't!

Jonathan



> 
> >    ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `adjust_exponent_nano':  
> > >> drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
> > >> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:314: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
> > >> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:324: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'  
> >    ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:325: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'  
> 
> 


_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@linuxdriverproject.org
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/driverdev-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [kbuild-all] [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
  2019-09-05  9:08   ` Jonathan Cameron
@ 2019-09-06  8:58     ` " Chen, Rong A
  2019-09-06  9:11       ` Jonathan Cameron
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Chen, Rong A @ 2019-09-06  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Cameron, Andy Shevchenko; +Cc: devel, linux-iio, kbuild-all



On 9/5/2019 5:08 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 15:37:11 +0300
> Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 11:33:50AM +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:
>>> tree:   https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git staging-testing
>>> head:   74eb9c06b1d722468db397595ac6834b9e4ac235
>>> commit: 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528 [314/401] iio: hid-sensor-attributes: Convert to use int_pow()
>>> config: i386-randconfig-e004-201935 (attached as .config)
>>> compiler: gcc-7 (Debian 7.4.0-11) 7.4.0
>>> reproduce:
>>>          git checkout 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528
>>>          # save the attached .config to linux build tree
>>>          make ARCH=i386
>>>
>>> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
>>> Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
>>>
>>> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):
>> So, as far as I understood it wasn't compiled on 32-bit before, so, it's not a
>> new error and thus would (has to?) be fixed separately.
> I'm not convinced.  My assumption is this is triggered because the local pow_10
> function was returning int whereas generic int_pow is returning an int64.
> Whilst I would imagine it is fairly easy to fix, I'll not have a chance to do
> so until the weekend.  Perhaps we should just revert this patch and revisit
> in the next cycle?
>
> 0-day people, any idea why the iio.git/testing branch isn't getting built any
> more?  I got lazy and started relying on your infrastructure and not bothering
> with 32 bit local builds.  Somewhere along the way you stopped building it
> and I'm afraid I didn't really notice.
>
> Thanks for you all your hard work on 0day btw as it used to catch a lot
> of stuff my local few builds didn't!
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we updated the git url to 
https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git 
recently,
but it seems the branches are not updated, so we switch to use 
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git now.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen


>
>
>
>>>     ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `adjust_exponent_nano':
>>>>> drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
>>>>> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:314: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
>>>>> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:324: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
>>>     ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:325: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> kbuild-all mailing list
> kbuild-all@lists.01.org
> https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/kbuild-all

_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@linuxdriverproject.org
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/driverdev-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [kbuild-all] [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
  2019-09-06  8:58     ` [kbuild-all] " Chen, Rong A
@ 2019-09-06  9:11       ` Jonathan Cameron
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Jonathan Cameron @ 2019-09-06  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen, Rong A; +Cc: devel, linux-iio, Andy Shevchenko, kbuild-all

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 16:58:52 +0800
"Chen, Rong A" <rong.a.chen@intel.com> wrote:

> On 9/5/2019 5:08 PM, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 15:37:11 +0300
> > Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> >  
> >> On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 11:33:50AM +0800, kbuild test robot wrote:  
> >>> tree:   https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git staging-testing
> >>> head:   74eb9c06b1d722468db397595ac6834b9e4ac235
> >>> commit: 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528 [314/401] iio: hid-sensor-attributes: Convert to use int_pow()
> >>> config: i386-randconfig-e004-201935 (attached as .config)
> >>> compiler: gcc-7 (Debian 7.4.0-11) 7.4.0
> >>> reproduce:
> >>>          git checkout 473d12f7638c93acbd9296a8cd455b203d5eb528
> >>>          # save the attached .config to linux build tree
> >>>          make ARCH=i386
> >>>
> >>> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
> >>> Reported-by: kbuild test robot <lkp@intel.com>
> >>>
> >>> All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):  
> >> So, as far as I understood it wasn't compiled on 32-bit before, so, it's not a
> >> new error and thus would (has to?) be fixed separately.  
> > I'm not convinced.  My assumption is this is triggered because the local pow_10
> > function was returning int whereas generic int_pow is returning an int64.
> > Whilst I would imagine it is fairly easy to fix, I'll not have a chance to do
> > so until the weekend.  Perhaps we should just revert this patch and revisit
> > in the next cycle?
> >
> > 0-day people, any idea why the iio.git/testing branch isn't getting built any
> > more?  I got lazy and started relying on your infrastructure and not bothering
> > with 32 bit local builds.  Somewhere along the way you stopped building it
> > and I'm afraid I didn't really notice.
> >
> > Thanks for you all your hard work on 0day btw as it used to catch a lot
> > of stuff my local few builds didn't!
> >
> > Jonathan  
> 
> Hi Jonathan,
> 
> Sorry for the inconvenience, we updated the git url to 
> https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git 
> recently,
> but it seems the branches are not updated, so we switch to use 
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git now.

Thanks.  I wonder why some trees don't seem to be getting updated in that
google mirror.  Anyone know who manages that as a bit silly having
mirrors that are years out of date.  Anyone know who manages those mirrors?
I've poked the send feedback form but who knows if it'll filter through to
the right person.

Anyhow, thanks Rong Chen. Looking forwards to continuing to be lazy
and rely on your excellent service!

Jonathan



> 
> Best Regards,
> Rong Chen
> 
> 
> >
> >
> >  
> >>>     ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.o: in function `adjust_exponent_nano':  
> >>>>> drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
> >>>>> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:314: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
> >>>>> ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:324: undefined reference to `__udivdi3'  
> >>>     ld: drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:325: undefined reference to `__umoddi3'  
> >>  
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > kbuild-all mailing list
> > kbuild-all@lists.01.org
> > https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/kbuild-all  
> 


_______________________________________________
devel mailing list
devel@linuxdriverproject.org
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/driverdev-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-09-04  3:33 [staging:staging-testing 314/401] drivers/iio/common/hid-sensors/hid-sensor-attributes.c:312: undefined reference to `__udivdi3' kbuild test robot
2019-09-04 12:37 ` Andy Shevchenko
2019-09-05  9:08   ` Jonathan Cameron
2019-09-06  8:58     ` [kbuild-all] " Chen, Rong A
2019-09-06  9:11       ` Jonathan Cameron

DriverDev-Devel Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/driverdev-devel/0 driverdev-devel/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 driverdev-devel driverdev-devel/ https://lore.kernel.org/driverdev-devel \
		driverdev-devel@linuxdriverproject.org devel@driverdev.osuosl.org driverdev-devel@archiver.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index driverdev-devel


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.linuxdriverproject.driverdev-devel


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox