dwarves.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: flameeyes-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò)
To: dwarves-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Feature request: codiff only considering file basename
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:17:05 +0100	[thread overview]

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Can you show an excerpt of the output you would like to see changed?

Sorry for the delay, very long days lately :(

flame@yamato mytmpfs % echo "int foo() { return 1; }" > foo.c
flame@yamato mytmpfs % gcc -ggdb -c foo.c
flame@yamato mytmpfs % gcc -ggdb -c ./foo.c -o foo2.o
flame@yamato mytmpfs % codiff foo.o foo2.o
foo.c:
  foo |  -11
 1 function changed, 11 bytes removed, diff: -11

./foo.c:
  foo |  +11
 1 function changed, 11 bytes added, diff: +11

foo2.o:
 2 functions changed, 11 bytes added, 11 bytes removed, diff: +0

This is what I mean as a problem, as a solution I'd check for just the
basename (so that foo.c and ./foo.c become the same file) or, much more
complicated but would really be nice, I'd check if all the symbols gone
From one file appeared on another, so that the output would then become:

flame@yamato mytmpfs % codiff foo.o foo2.o
 File renamed: was foo.c is ./foo.c

But that's going to be hard :P