From: Thorsten Leemhuis <linux@leemhuis.info>
To: Mark Boddington <lkml@badpenguin.co.uk>,
	Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org, regressions@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: kernel 5.15.1: AMD RX 6700 XT - Fails to resume after screen blank
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 17:04:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Mark. Replying inline
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Interleaved_style ), as
that's the norm and kinda expected on Linux kernel mailing lists:

On 11.11.21 00:11, Mark Boddington wrote:
> And also
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_device.c?h=linux-5.15.y&id=f02abeb0779700c308e661a412451b38962b8a0b
>
> Maybe if the function is called during resume() without being called
> during init(), bad things happen???

Have you tried to revert any of the patches you suspect to cause this
and see if things improve? And BTW: did 5.15 (aka 5.15.0) work? Or was
some process to resolve this made already somewhere else and I just
missed it?

Ciao, Thorsten (with his Linux kernel regression tracker hat on)

#regzbot poke