Hi Andrew, >> I do wonder why you'd cancel the command from the handler? > > In the IWD AP case I want to cancel a dump command which I think is > already handled correctly, but if the API can be made more robust then > I think it's an improvement. There can be complicated code paths > where you destroy an object that owns the netlink command as a result > of the command response. Sure, I buy the more robust argument, though I still wonder how one would even get into such a state on purpose. But the last sentence seems to be handwaving? So did you somehow trigger this condition or just fixing ghost bugs? Regards, -Denis