Git Mailing List Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* bug
@ 2020-06-26 21:11 Luke Knoble
  2020-06-29 18:08 ` [BUG] SSH permission error doing `git clone --recurse-submodules <SSH url>` (was: "bug") Philippe Blain
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Luke Knoble @ 2020-06-26 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Howdy,

I've found an issue in which I'm using this command:

git clone --recurse-submodules ssh://git@someurl:9999/someproject/repoX.git

git clones the repo successfully if I dont pass “git clone” any flags,
but gives me this error when I use “--recurse-submodules” and git
attempts to clone a single submodule:

git@someurl: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.
fatal: clone of
'ssh://git@someurl:9999/someproject/submodule_repo.git' into submodule
path 'C:/someproject/submodule_repo' failed

The obvious answer is that my permissions are bad, but I can clone the
submodule repo directly without issue.. This command succeeds:

git clone --recurse-submodules
ssh://git@someurl:9999/someproject/submodule_repo.git

what gives git?

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

* Re: [BUG] SSH permission error doing `git clone --recurse-submodules <SSH url>` (was: "bug")
  2020-06-26 21:11 bug Luke Knoble
@ 2020-06-29 18:08 ` Philippe Blain
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 2+ messages in thread
From: Philippe Blain @ 2020-06-29 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luke Knoble; +Cc: git

Hi Luke,

> Le 26 juin 2020 à 17:11, Luke Knoble <lupeknoble@gmail.com> a écrit :
> 
> Howdy,
> 
> I've found an issue in which I'm using this command:
> 
> git clone --recurse-submodules ssh://git@someurl:9999/someproject/repoX.git

Which version of Git ?

> 
> git clones the repo successfully if I dont pass “git clone” any flags,

Does `git submodules update --init` then works ?
Can you share `.gitmodules` ? (is the submodules recorded with an HTTP
or SSH url in `.gitmodules` ?)

> but gives me this error when I use “--recurse-submodules” and git
> attempts to clone a single submodule:
> 
> git@someurl: Permission denied (publickey).
> fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
> fatal: clone of
> 'ssh://git@someurl:9999/someproject/submodule_repo.git' into submodule
> path 'C:/someproject/submodule_repo' failed
> 
> The obvious answer is that my permissions are bad, but I can clone the
> submodule repo directly without issue.. This command succeeds:
> 
> git clone --recurse-submodules
> ssh://git@someurl:9999/someproject/submodule_repo.git

Interesting. Could you retry your commands, prefixing them with `GIT_TRACE2=1 GIT_SSH_COMMAND="ssh -vvv"` ?

Philippe.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-06-26 21:11 bug Luke Knoble
2020-06-29 18:08 ` [BUG] SSH permission error doing `git clone --recurse-submodules <SSH url>` (was: "bug") Philippe Blain

Git Mailing List Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/git/0 git/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 git git/ https://lore.kernel.org/git \
		git@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index git

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.git


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git