On 10/22/19 4:02 PM, speck for Luck, Tony wrote: > On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 09:28:20PM +0200, speck for Borislav Petkov wrote: >> Or, a completely different idea: I wonder if we could merge the two >> options like we do for l1tf= for example where we have >> >> l1tf=, >> >> and then do: >> >> tsx=on,async_abort_full >> tsx=on,async_abort_full,nosmt >> tsx=off >> >> That should even diminish the number of combinations because once you've >> supplied "tsx=off" for example, async_abort doesn't matter. > > At first glance I find that more confusing that helpful. > > Perspective: TAA is an issue that affects ~3 CPU models. It will be > a non-issue on future models. This should have been the very first thing mentioned, on the first day. It's taken a very long time for us to all get on this same page. > TSX control is a new CPU feature control that happens to begin > with those three models, but will continue to be present on future > CPU models. So this answers my other question. The MSR will be there forevermore. Meaning that tsx=off has meaning provided you're on a MDS_NO+ part. Jon. -- Computer Architect | Sent with my Fedora powered laptop