On 29/10/19 16:42, speck for Joerg Roedel wrote: > On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 04:35:56PM +0100, speck for Thomas Gleixner wrote: >> So the fix is independent of the NX pile, right? But OTOH, for testing the >> NX stuff with all the various knobs and options the patch is needed I >> assume. > The fix is independent in a sense that its pure existence doesn't reveal > anything under the embargo, but the issue that is fixed by it only > happens with the NX pile applied. On Intel it requires the NX pile to show up, for AMD it is a preexisting bug that shows up with kvm-unit-tests; this is why I sent it out early. Sorry about going incommunicado, I was travelling without my decryption key. I'll send it to Linus sometime this week so that it also has time to propagate to stable series. Paolo > So yes, it is needed to test the NX > patches with EPT disabled (or NPT disabled on AMD).