Hello everyone, Today is my last day at Red Hat after 13.5 years. It's been absolutely the best time of my life, and I'm going to miss it terribly. There are many great companies, but I've always thought Red Hat was the best place to work. It's full of wonderful, imaginative, creative people who do amazing things every day, not just for revenue, but for the greater good. That's what enticed me to join and kept me there for so long. But then came Spectre and Meltdown. I realized over the past couple of years what I think I'd come to know all along. One of my truest passions is in computer architecture, and I want to build machines. There is much I have to learn, and to do that completely I must now follow a different path for a time. It's bittersweet. I'm happy for the choices I have made, but I am so sad to leave so many great things behind today. Leaving Red Hat is very, very hard. I agonized over this for so many months. I will miss all of you, and I will miss the collaboration on mitigating vulnerabilities to protect users from harm. Most of all, I will miss the sense of common purpose I see here among so many great engineers from across the industry. I wish you good luck. Keep fighting the good fight, and please keep these efforts alive for as long as they are necessary. Thomas, Greg, Linus, others: thank you so much. Until later, Jon. -- Computer Architect | Sent with my Fedora powered laptop