On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 17:26 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote: > Unmask, then enable interrupts, then enable interrupt sources; matches > PCH ordering. The old way (sources, enable, unmask) gives a window > during which interrupt conditions would appear in ISR but would never > reach IIR and thus never raise an IRQ. Since interrupts only trigger > on rising edges in ISR, this would lead to conditions where (for > example) output hotplugging would never fire an interrupt because it > was already stuck on in ISR. > > Also, since we know IIR and PIPExSTAT have been cleared during > irq_preinstall, don't clear them again during irq_postinstall, nothing > good can come of that. > > Signed-off-by: Adam Jackson Just to follow up, I've tested this (combined with the already-merged VGA paranoia patch) on GM45. Output hotplug still works and I'm no longer seeing stuck bits in ISR. - ajax