--- On Sun, 5/16/10, Florian Mickler wrote: > From: Florian Mickler > Subject: Re: [Intel-gfx] Picture quality on laptop LCD with i915GM chipset. > To: "SD" > Cc: intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org > Date: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 8:22 PM > On Fri, 14 May 2010 16:17:56 -0700 > (PDT) > SD > wrote: > > > Dear All. > > > Problem is - Picture on my laptop LCD is not suitable > for eyes. I can't explain exactly why, but it looks like it > is not smooth, it is rough, after some time (one hour or > two) it starts to hurt eyes. Some time I think it is not > stable and it is blinking. I do not use anti-aliasing, all > my fonts are clear without shadows and it is very noticeable > that something different, they are not look solid or stable, > like it on OpenSuse 11.1. And it is not just fonts, anything > on screen looks different. > > > > Thanks for comments. > > > > Hi! > > I'm sorry if this is maybe too basic. But are you aware of > screen > resolutions and the fact, that if the graphics-card drives > your > lcd-screen at a different-then-optimal resolution some > monitors do > interpolation of pixels to ''multiplex'' them to the > monitor-resolution. > > This can be easily detected by looking at the > /var/log/Xorg.0.log in > both the good and the bad case. (or by looking at the > output of > 'xrandr'). > > Cheers, > Flo > I took digital pictures of my screen. So left side is Fedora 13, right - OpenSuse11.1 Xrandr gives me the same output, except for something which is different of xrandr version. So please take a look at the pictures of my screen (part of it). It is clearly - something is different, but: "Subpixel: horizontal rgb" - in both OS. Thanks.