On Tue, 24 May 2011 13:10:27 -0400, Andrew Lutomirski wrote: > I'm getting hangs on my X220 Core i7 laptop as well with 2.6.39 and > i915.semaphores=1. They're not as reliable -- sometimes the system > hangs on log in, sometimes after a few seconds, and sometimes it > doesn't hang. That's consistent with our theory at least -- lockups caused by GPU/CPU interactions, which occur far more often with semaphores disabled, but still occur with semaphores enabled. We're working on it... -- keith.packard@intel.com