IO-Uring Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Cc: io-uring <io-uring@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: [GIT PULL] io_uring fixes for 5.5-rc3
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 10:58:03 -0700

Hi Linus,

Here's a set of fixes that should go into 5.5-rc3 for io_uring. This is
bigger than I'd like it to be, mainly because we're fixing the case
where an application reuses sqe data right after issue. This really must
work, or it's confusing. With 5.5 we're flagging us as submit stable for
the actual data, this must also be the case for SQEs. Honestly, I'd
really like to add another series on top of this, since it cleans it up
considerable and prevents any SQE reuse by design. I posted that here:

https://lore.kernel.org/io-uring/20191220174742.7449-1-axboe@kernel.dk/T/#u

and may still send it your way early next week once it's been looked at
and had some more soak time (does pass all regression tests). With that
series, we've unified the prep+issue handling, and only the prep phase
even has access to the SQE.

Anyway, outside of that, fixes in here for a few other issues that have
been hit in testing or production. Please pull!

  git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git tags/io_uring-5.5-20191220

Brian Gianforcaro (1):
      io_uring: fix stale comment and a few typos

Jens Axboe (11):
      io_uring: fix sporadic -EFAULT from IORING_OP_RECVMSG
      io-wq: re-add io_wq_current_is_worker()
      io_uring: fix pre-prepped issue with force_nonblock == true
      io_uring: remove 'sqe' parameter to the OP helpers that take it
      io_uring: any deferred command must have stable sqe data
      io_uring: make IORING_POLL_ADD and IORING_POLL_REMOVE deferrable
      io_uring: make IORING_OP_CANCEL_ASYNC deferrable
      io_uring: make IORING_OP_TIMEOUT_REMOVE deferrable
      io_uring: read opcode and user_data from SQE exactly once
      io_uring: warn about unhandled opcode
      io_uring: io_wq_submit_work() should not touch req->rw

Pavel Begunkov (2):
      io_uring: make HARDLINK imply LINK
      io_uring: don't wait when under-submitting

 fs/io-wq.c    |   2 +-
 fs/io-wq.h    |   8 +-

Jens Axboe