IO-Uring Archive on lore.kernel.org
* io_uring and TRIM?
@ 2020-01-07 21:53 Vitaliy Filippov
From: Vitaliy Filippov @ 2020-01-07 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: io-uring

Hi, do I understand it correctly that it's currently impossible to do TRIM
with io_uring?

I've seen ioctl operation support patches but they were really recent.
Will they allow TRIM? When can we expect to see them merged in the kernel?

// io_uring is really cool by the way, thanks for the work :)

--
With best regards,
   Vitaliy Filippov

* Re: io_uring and TRIM?
@ 2020-01-07 22:28 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2020-01-07 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vitaliy Filippov, io-uring

On 1/7/20 2:53 PM, Vitaliy Filippov wrote:
> Hi, do I understand it correctly that it's currently impossible to do
> TRIM  with io_uring?
>
> I've seen ioctl operation support patches but they were really recent.
> Will they allow TRIM? When can we expect to see them merged in the
> kernel?

Right, there's currently no way to do that. But we could make it happen,
though.

> // io_uring is really cool by the way, thanks for the work :)

Thanks!

--
Jens Axboe