Hi Jens, > This works just like openat(2), except it can be performed async. For > the normal case of a non-blocking path lookup this will complete > inline. If we have to do IO to perform the open, it'll be done from > async context. Did you already thought about the credentials being used for the async open? The application could call setuid() and similar calls to change the credentials of the userspace process/threads. In order for applications like samba to use this async openat, it would be required to specify the credentials for each open, as we have to multiplex requests from multiple user sessions in one process. This applies to non-fd based syscall. Also for an async connect to a unix domain socket. Do you have comments on this? Thanks! metze