On 07/11/2019 01:18, Jens Axboe wrote: > On 11/6/19 3:05 PM, Pavel Begunkov wrote: >> This one changes behaviour a bit. If we haven't been able to allocate >> req before, it would post an completion event with -EAGAIN. Now it will >> break imidiately without consuming sqe. So the user will see, that 0 >> sqes was submitted/consumed. >> >> Is that ok or we need to do something about it? > > At the very least we need to return -EAGAIN to the application. So > something ala: > > return submitted ? submitted : ret; > > where ret is 0 or -EAGAIN if we failed to get a request. > This one is even better, as the old one didn't care about links -- Pavel Begunkov