On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 3:05 PM Linus Torvalds wrote: > > I'll go think about this. > > Martin, since you can apparently trigger the problem easily, hopefully > you're willing to try a couple of patches? Hmm. It might end up being as simple as the attached patch. I'm not super-happy with this situation (that whole nasty security issue had some horrible cascading problems), and this only really fixes _pinned_ pages. In particular, somebody doing a plain get_user_pages() for writing can still hit issues (admittedly that's true in general, but the vm changes made it much more obviously true). But for the case of io_uring buffers, this looks like the obvious simple fix. I don't have a load to test this with, so I'll come back to ask Martin to do so... Linus