IO-Uring Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Pavel Begunkov <asml.silence@gmail.com>
To: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>, io-uring <io-uring@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: [RFC] do_hashed and wq enqueue
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 23:20:04 +0300

Hi,

I've been looking for hashed io-wq enqueuing, but not fully understand the
issue. As I remember, it was something about getting around blocking for
buffered I/O. Is that so? Is there any write-up of a thread for this issue?

My case is 2-fd request, and I'm not sure how it should look. For splice() it's
probably Ok to hash the non-pipe end (if any), but I wonder how it should work,
if, for example, the restriction will be removed.

--
Pavel Begunkov