Kernel-hardening archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
To: Muni Sekhar <munisekharrms@gmail.com>
Cc: kernel-hardening@lists.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to get the crash dump if system hangs?
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:31:27 -0700

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:45:21PM +0530, Muni Sekhar wrote:
> I'm using Ubuntu distro, ran "reboot" command but after reboot
> console-ramoops-0 is not present in /sys/fs/pstore

Hmpf. Well, then, I guess your boot firmware is pretty aggressive about
wiping RAM across boots. :(

There was a patch set to store to disk, but I haven't seen a recent
version of it, if you want to go that route[1].

-Kees

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1551922630-27548-1-git-send-email-liaoweixiong@allwinnertech.com/

--
Kees Cook