On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote: > On 09.06.19 10:55, Markus Elfring wrote: > > > > >> But there is not usually any interesting formatting on the left side of an > >> assignment (ie typically no newlines or comments). > > > > Is there any need to trigger additional source code reformatting? > > > >> I can see no purpose to factorizing the right parenthesis. > > > > These characters at the end of such a function call should be kept unchanged. > > Agreed. OTOH, we all know that spatch results still need to be carefully > checked. I suspect trying to teach it all the formatting rules of the > kernel isn't an easy task. > > > The flag “IORESOURCE_MEM” is passed as the second parameter for the call > > of the function “platform_get_resource” in this refactoring. > > In that particular case, we maybe should consider separate inline > helpers instead of passing this is a parameter. > > Maybe it would even be more efficient to have completely separate > versions of devm_platform_ioremap_resource(), so we don't even have > to pass that parameter on stack. I'm lost as to why this discussion suddenly appeared. What problem is actually being discussed? julia