kernelci.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
* KernelCI at lists.linux.dev
@ 2022-07-14  8:26 Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2022-07-14  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: helpdesk; +Cc: kernelci

Hello,

The KernelCI community has been using kernelci@groups.io for a
few years, however it's less than ideal as messages have to be
moderated for all non-members.  Also we've been getting closer to
the kernel community over the years and it isn't a great fit for
that.  Would it be possible to create a kernelci@lists.linux.dev
mailing list so we would then transition away from groups.io?

Discussions on this list include general topics related to
KernelCI itself and some development topics, as well as kernel
issues reported by KernelCI such as follow-ups from bisection
reports.  We don't really use the list as part of the KernelCI
core development workflow since that's all done on GitHub.  So
it's really our main channel for communicating with the kernel
community.

Best wishes,
Guillaume

* Re: KernelCI at lists.linux.dev
@ 2022-07-14 14:51 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-07-14 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guillaume Tucker; +Cc: helpdesk, kernelci

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:26:57AM +0200, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The KernelCI community has been using kernelci@groups.io for a
> few years, however it's less than ideal as messages have to be
> moderated for all non-members.  Also we've been getting closer to
> the kernel community over the years and it isn't a great fit for
> that.  Would it be possible to create a kernelci@lists.linux.dev
> mailing list so we would then transition away from groups.io?

For sure, I don't see why not. We can even import groups.io archives once the
migration is decided. If you do decide to move, just follow the procedure
described on
https://subspace.kernel.org/lists.linux.dev.html#requesting-list-hosting

Best regards,
Konstantin

* Re: KernelCI at lists.linux.dev
@ 2022-07-15  5:12   ` Guillaume Tucker
       [not found]     ` <1706552EEFF7A8A6.5263@groups.io>
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2022-07-15  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: helpdesk, kernelci

On 14/07/2022 16:51, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:26:57AM +0200, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The KernelCI community has been using kernelci@groups.io for a
>> few years, however it's less than ideal as messages have to be
>> moderated for all non-members.  Also we've been getting closer to
>> the kernel community over the years and it isn't a great fit for
>> that.  Would it be possible to create a kernelci@lists.linux.dev
>> mailing list so we would then transition away from groups.io?
>
> For sure, I don't see why not. We can even import groups.io archives once the
> migration is decided. If you do decide to move, just follow the procedure
> described on
> https://subspace.kernel.org/lists.linux.dev.html#requesting-list-hosting

Thank you, I've just done that now.

Guillaume

* Re: KernelCI at lists.linux.dev
@ 2022-07-29 15:06     ` Guillaume Tucker
       [not found]     ` <1706552EEFF7A8A6.5263@groups.io>
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2022-07-29 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci; +Cc: helpdesk, Konstantin Ryabitsev

On 15/07/2022 07:12, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> On 14/07/2022 16:51, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 10:26:57AM +0200, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The KernelCI community has been using kernelci@groups.io for a
>>> few years, however it's less than ideal as messages have to be
>>> moderated for all non-members.  Also we've been getting closer to
>>> the kernel community over the years and it isn't a great fit for
>>> that.  Would it be possible to create a kernelci@lists.linux.dev
>>> mailing list so we would then transition away from groups.io?
>>
>> For sure, I don't see why not. We can even import groups.io archives once the
>> migration is decided. If you do decide to move, just follow the procedure
>> described on
>> https://subspace.kernel.org/lists.linux.dev.html#requesting-list-hosting
>
> Thank you, I've just done that now.

As we would like to move to the new list and stop using
groups.io, it would seem useful to also import the list of
subscribers from groups.io.  Please let me know if you don't want
to be subscribed to the new list by the end of next week (Aug 5).

I'll also send some messages on IRC and Slack to be sure everyone
knows about this.

Thanks,
Guillaume

* Re: KernelCI at lists.linux.dev
       [not found]     ` <1706552EEFF7A8A6.5263@groups.io>
@ 2022-11-18 10:04       ` Guillaume Tucker
From: Guillaume Tucker @ 2022-11-18 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelci; +Cc: helpdesk, Konstantin Ryabitsev

On 29/07/2022 17:06, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
> On 15/07/2022 07:12, Guillaume Tucker wrote:

>>> For sure, I don't see why not. We can even import groups.io archives once the
>>> migration is decided. If you do decide to move, just follow the procedure
>>> described on
>>> https://subspace.kernel.org/lists.linux.dev.html#requesting-list-hosting
>>
>> Thank you, I've just done that now.
>
> As we would like to move to the new list and stop using
> groups.io, it would seem useful to also import the list of
> subscribers from groups.io.  Please let me know if you don't want
> to be subscribed to the new list by the end of next week (Aug 5).

The new mailing list has now been set up and is ready to be used!
Many thanks to Konstantin for taking care of this.  All the
subscribers of kernelci@groups.io have been automatically added
and all the email archives have been imported.

should already have received a welcome email.  The new archives
are available on https://lore.kernel.org/kernelci/.  See
https://subspace.kernel.org/lists.linux.dev.html for more
details about how to subscribe / unsubscribe etc.

The old group is now obsolete so please don't send emails to it
any more.  I've updated the home page with details about this:
https://groups.io/g/kernelci

It can't be locked but after a while we can remove all the
members and change the permissions so nobody can post to it any
more.  We should wait for a little while before doing that to
ensure a smooth transition, probably until January.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.  Enjoy
the new mailing list!

Best wishes,
Guillaume