kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Questions about my idea (for gsoc)
@ 2019-04-01 16:19 Andrea Laisa
From: Andrea Laisa @ 2019-04-01 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi!

I'm a student that want to do a google summer of code with you during
this summer.

My idea is to write a Linux driver for a proprietary network protocol
used by the outdoor Gemtek antennas(which are essentially a LTE modem)
to communicate over ethernet+LLC to the indoor Gemtek Access Points. My
goal is to allow anyone to use any Linux-based router (like a Turris
Omnia/openwrt) instead of a Gemtek Access Point.

I think it's a great idea but I have some questions.

     -In which area my idea is located? networking?
     -Should the idea implemented as Linux driver or as userspace program?