* Is there a "build everything" kernel configuration?
@ 2019-04-13  5:40 Jefferson Carpenter
From: Jefferson Carpenter @ 2019-04-13  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Supposing I want to make a change to the Kernel code and make sure that it all builds (i.e. that I did not cause any compile errors under any configuration), what's best way to do that?  Can I just take the default setting for all config options or does there exist a "build everything" mode?

- Jefferson Carpenter

* Re: Is there a "build everything" kernel configuration?
@ 2019-04-13  7:30 ` Nicholas Mc Guire
From: Nicholas Mc Guire @ 2019-04-13  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jefferson Carpenter; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:40:35PM -0700, Jefferson Carpenter wrote:
> Supposing I want to make a change to the Kernel code and make sure that it all builds (i.e. that I did not cause any compile errors under any configuration), what's best way to do that?  Can I just take the default setting for all config options or does there exist a "build everything" mode?

you can do   make allyesconfig   which is about as close to build everything
as you can get. Of course this still will only build for one particular
architecture - so to build all architectures you would need to iterate over
ARCH= .

thx!
hofrat