* .lst files with no Makefile in the subdirectory ?
@ 2019-05-08  5:15 Nicholas Mc Guire
From: Nicholas Mc Guire @ 2019-05-08  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kernelnewbies

HI !

 I'm trying to generate the .lst files to check the impact of a patch
 but in the specific directory there is no Makefile only in the parrent
 directory. specifically I'm trying to build the security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.lst

hofrat@debian:~/linux-next$ make security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.lst
scripts/Makefile.build:42: security/selinux/ss/Makefile: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'security/selinux/ss/Makefile'.  Stop.
Makefile:1745: recipe for target 'security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.lst' failed
make: *** [security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.lst] Error 2

 since kbuild is splitting the src from srctree in scripts/Makefile.build:42
 I suspect that there currently is no way to build a .lst file if there is
 no makefile in the particular directory.

 Is there some trick to do it ? or must I create the Mekefile to enable
 .lst files ?

thx!
hofrat

only message in thread, back to index