From: Andre Schmidt <andre@osku.de>
To: kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Simple system stats.
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 12:51:05 +0100

Hello kernel space,

user space webmonkey here, tinkering on my home desktop setup and spelunking way too many rabbit holes... damn you source code! ;P

The other day i got frustrated with re-implementing parsing and calculation of /proc/stat and /proc/meminfo for my visual user interface experiments (in various languages), so i "created"* a kernel module that helps me with that (https://github.com/oskude/proc_topstat).

But i could not get swap info in the kernel module, cause - i guess - it's not exported?
So i wonder, would/could upstream EXPORT_SYMBOL(si_swapinfo)?
If yes/maybe, where/how should i propose such change?

Cheers
Andre Schmidt

* "created" as in i copy and pasted from upstream code...