kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Was there a way to bind a shared memory object onto a fixed physical memory address?
@ 2020-04-02  9:38 kipade
From: kipade @ 2020-04-02  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

As the topic, I want to specify a fixed physical memory space to a shared memory object, which can use
shm_XXX api to access the memory. Of course I do not want to use mmap api to map /dev/mem device
memory into user program.
Thanks all.

* Re: Was there a way to bind a shared memory object onto a fixed physical memory address?
@ 2020-04-02 12:19 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2020-04-02 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kipade; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 05:38:31PM +0800, kipade wrote:
> As the topic, I want to specify a fixed physical memory space to a shared memory object, which can use
> shm_XXX api to access the memory. Of course I do not want to use mmap api to map /dev/mem device
> memory into user program.

Step back and tell us exactly what problem you have, that you have come
up to this type of solution being necessary?  What do you think you can
solve by doing this?

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: Was there a way to bind a shared memory object onto a fixed physical memory address?
@ 2020-04-20  3:02   ` kipade
From: kipade @ 2020-04-20  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg KH; +Cc: kernelnewbies

Im sorry that my there were something wrong about my notebook for a half
of month.

Here, I want to use system shared memory API to share data across
processes, but I want it use a specified

range of memory knowned by a slave core such as DSP, etc. If I can do?

thanks.

@ 2020-04-20 12:34     ` Amit Kumar
From: Amit Kumar @ 2020-04-20 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kipade; +Cc: Greg KH, Kernel Newbies