Hi! > Are there some potentially serious problems that I should be aware of > if I totally disable the CONFIG_ACPI option on the X86_64 platform? > > Would it do harm to the hardware? > > Thank you for your attention to this matter. These machines are still mostly IBM-PC compatible, so it is likely to somehow work. You'll likely get worse power and thermal management. Try it. Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html