kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* Overwriting copy functionality in filesystem
@ 2019-03-23 16:59 Bharath Vedartham
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bharath Vedartham @ 2019-03-23 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hey everyone,

I was wondering how we can overwrite the copy functionality while
writing our own filesystem in linux.
VFS does not offer any sort of API for copy. I think it calls create and
write when we execute the copy the file/dir.
I am interested in overwriting the way copy happens in my
filesystem(which I am writing for fun :p).
Any ideas?

Thanks