Kernel Newbies Archive on lore.kernel.org
* how to pass log level to 7 from u-boot
@ 2020-10-17 12:57 Tomek The Messenger
From: Tomek The Messenger @ 2020-10-17 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi
You can change log level in linux runtime
echo 7 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
however my device hangs on fastly after I am able to write anything through
serial console.
Does anybody of You know how to pass it from u-boot? I can stop in u-boot
and pass log level 7 but I don't know what command should I write in order
to do it.
BR
Tomek

* Re: how to pass log level to 7 from u-boot
@ 2020-10-17 15:10 ` Ezra Buehler
From: Ezra Buehler @ 2020-10-17 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomek The Messenger; +Cc: kernelnewbies

Hi Tomek,

On 17 Oct 2020, at 14:57, Tomek The Messenger <tomekthemessenger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody of You know how to pass it from u-boot? I can stop in u-boot and pass log level 7 but I don't know what command should I write in order to do it.

Try adding `loglevel=7` to the `bootargs` U-Boot environment variable.
You can do that with the `setenv` command (https://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootEnvVariables).
You probably also want to set something like `earlyprintk=serial`.
On the Kernel parameters:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.html

Good luck,
Ezra.