* alsa
@ 2019-09-13 14:05 Nuno Sá
From: Nuno Sá @ 2019-09-13 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi all,

Im currently doing a driver for the alsa subsystem. This is my first
interaction with it, so sorry if this is to trivial. Since this is my
first time on the subsystem I'm first posting my question here before
going to the alsa mailing list.

So, I'm doing a codec driver for this device
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADAU7118.pdf
. The device is a converter from PDM to I2S/TDM and it has 4 PDM inputs
which can be enabled/disabled via I2C. My question is, how can I add
controls to enable/disable the inputs? I'm trying to use
`SND_SOC_DAPM_SWITCH()` together with a `SOC_DAPM_SINGLE()` control.
The thing is, when I use alsamixer this controls only come up on the
playback tab which makes me feel that something is not ok (the device
only supports Capture stream). Is this correct way to add controls for
input's?

Any inputs would be helpful...

Thanks in advance,
Nuno Sá