* How can I compile a rc kernel myself?
@ 2020-03-21 10:12 Raphael
From: Raphael @ 2020-03-21 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi! This is my first email to this list.

I was wondering how I can compile a rc kernel, since rc is only a patch and I have to apply this patch to a stable kernel first.
On which stable kernel do I have to do this?
The latest stable kernel, which in this case would be 5.5.11, or another?

Best regards,
Lockna

* Re: How can I compile a rc kernel myself?
@ 2020-03-21 10:23 ` Bernd Petrovitsch
From: Bernd Petrovitsch @ 2020-03-21 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raphael, kernelnewbies

Hi!

On 21/03/2020 11:12, Raphael wrote:
[...]
> I was wondering how I can compile a rc kernel, since rc is only a patch and I have to apply this patch to a stable kernel first.

Easiest is to `git clone` an appropriate tree + tag (sry, I don't
have a link) - everything is in some git-repo;-)

MfG,
	Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd@petrovitsch.priv.at