kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
From: "Irfan Ullah (울라 이르판)" <irfan@dke.khu.ac.kr>
To: Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>
Cc: Linux Kernel List <kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org>
Subject: Re: Current Instruction Pointer Along Memory Access for A specific Process
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:37:57 +0900	[thread overview]

Thank you. I want to analyze the memory accesses of virtual machines on a
host system and propose efficient prefetchers. Currently, I am trying to
generate the memory accesses and page faults in the order in which they
occur. As said, I can gather page faults directly from "page faults
kvm_mmu_page_fault()
<https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/arch/x86/kvm/mmu/mmu.c#L5429>"
at run time, but I didn't find the location of memory accesses for
virtual machines.
I will check the "perf" that how it could be useful.

--
*Best Regards,*

*Mr. Irfan Ullah*
PhD Candidate