From: Tomek The Messenger <tomekthemessenger@gmail.com>
To: kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: linux kernel coding style and checkpatch.pl script
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:36:08 +0100

Hi
There is checkpatch.pl script where You can check if You wrote code in your
kernel module according to linux kernel style.
However can I ignore warning message?
WARNING: quoted string split across lines
#974: FILE: fpgax67-core.c:974:
+               dev_err(&pdev->dev, "registration not done, driver is
already "
+                                                       "registered\n");

If I don't split line I will have another warning that 80 characters is
exceeded.

For sure I can ignore warnings about:
WARNING: struct  should normally be const
#998: FILE: fpgax67-core.c :998:
+int fpgax67_unregister(struct platform_device *pdev)

For sure all errors must be fixed like:
const char* tmp -> change to -> const char *tmp;
if(  => if (   #insert space

Generally I don't know how much warnings should I correct. If it is
mandatory or only good practise and I can omit some if it doesn't make
sense.