ok, for me strange was this ranges[0] declaration. I found other way to get to know mmio regmap size, just to remember pointer to struct resource* in private data in probe when parsing from device tree reg= On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 2:15 PM Greg KH wrote: > On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 01:48:23PM +0200, Tomek The Messenger wrote: > > Hi > > Let's see how it looks: > > https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/include/regmap.h > > > > I first time ever see such thing like this: > > struct regmap_range { > > ulong start; > > ulong size; > > }; > > struct regmap { > > enum regmap_endianness_t endianness; > > int range_count; > > struct regmap_range ranges[0]; > > }; > > > > How I can get access to variable ranges it if is 0 size? Who develops > this > > one and who reviewed:) > > It is very common and standard C coding style. It happens all the time > when you have a variable of unknown length at declaration time. > > > Anyway If I have pointer to regmap can I check what is start variable in > > some other way? > > What other way do you need to check it? > > Why do you think the above code is incorrect? What do you think it > should look like? > > thanks, > > greg k-h >