On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:45 AM Pintu Agarwal wrote: > > For some reason, I want to halt/pause the execution (for some > specified time) of a running process/thread (at some location), > without modified the source, may be by firing some events/signals from > an another external program, by specifying the address location or a > line number. > > Is this possible ? Hi Pintu, have you looked at the CRIU project which can do a checkpoint / restore of a running process? https://criu.org/Main_Page I think it's what you need, although I've never used it myself. Some other projects and how they compare to CRIU are listed below: https://criu.org/Comparison_to_other_CR_projects Best, Elias