From: "孙世龙 sunshilong" <sunshilong369@gmail.com>
To: Kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org
Subject: Are there some potential problems that I should be aware of if I allocate the memory which doesn't have any relation to peripheral hardwares(i.e. DMA, PCI, serial port and etc) by vmalloc() instead of kmalloc()?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:30:48 +0800

Hi, list

Besides kmalloc() is more efficient, are there some potential problems that
I should be aware of if I allocate the memory which doesn't have any
relation to peripheral hardwares(i.e. DMA,PCI,serial port and etc) by
vmalloc() instead of kmalloc() to avoid the page allocation failure(caused
by kmalloc() while there are too much memory fragment)?