On Sun, Dec 30, 2018, 10:03 PM Amit Agarwal Hi All, > > > I am trying to understand memory fragmentation and how to understand > and/or analyze the same. > > Is there some detailed documentation on pagetypeinfo and buddyinfo files > present in the proc directory? Am I looking at right files to understand if > the memory is fragmented. > > > Problem Description: > > One of the applications does a few 200-300Mb calloc's during start-up. On > one of the production servers, the application does not start up although > there should be enough RAM available for application to start. I am > suspecting that this is because of fragmentation and would like to confirm > the same. > How do you know it is because of memory ? If you have sufficient RAM then it should be able to allocate. Does you application fail with ENOMEM ? Without knowing the error code from application it's hard to suggest anything. -- > Thanks, > -aka > _______________________________________________ > Kernelnewbies mailing list > Kernelnewbies@kernelnewbies.org > https://lists.kernelnewbies.org/mailman/listinfo/kernelnewbies >