I am seeing an issue in our Linux port where printk() format %pS will print a symbol as: kernel_init+0x120/0x120 where the offset within the function 0x120, is the same as the function size 0x120; in fact, the largest offset within the function should be 0x11f. When printing above symbol+offset in gdb, the correct symbol is displayed as follow: (gdb) p (void*)(kernel_init+0x120) $1 = (void *) 0x589a28 What could be the cause of printk() format %pS printing an incorrect symbol. Where can I find in the Linux source code, the function handling the format %pS ?