Hi, I want the device operated by the Arduino Uno board to be recognised as a mouse by my Linux OS. To control the cursor I am using the X11 API. Thanks, On Fri, 15 Mar, 2019, 01:39 Greg KH, wrote: > On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:18:34PM +0530, Pratyush Das wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have a device operated via an Arduino UNO board. I would like to write > a > > driver for it so that my computer running linux recognises it natively. > > > > I have no experience writing drivers. Where should I start to > specifically > > do something like this? Are there any templates or guides for drivers for > > this sort of thing specifically? > > > > Do I need to start over from scratch - learning how to write drivers? If > > so, could you recommend any resources in particular which would take me > on > > the path to write drivers for HIDs in particular(to begin with)? > > You should not need to write any kernel driver for Linux to support a > HID device, it's all included already. > > HAve you tried using your device on Linux? What did, or did not, work > for you? > > thanks, > > greg k-h >