kernelnewbies.kernelnewbies.org archive mirror
* NMI injection
@ 2019-11-15 15:35 Muni Sekhar
From: Muni Sekhar @ 2019-11-15 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies, linux-kernel

Hi All,

Can someone clarify me what is “NMI injection” means? Does it helps
when system is frozen? If so how to do this for Intel Atom processor
machines?

I configured my system to respond for SysRq key press, but I see when
system is frozen then SysRq key press has no effect.

I’ve read that when kernel is locked up it won’t respond for SysRq key
press actions.

What is the definition for “kernel locked up” means? And how to solve this?

Sekhar

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-11-15 15:39 UTC | newest]